Creating a Positive Environment In After School Programs
by Philadelphia Out-of-School Time Literacy Initiative
Tue, March 6, 2018
9:30 AM – 12:30 PM EST
Parkway Central Library (Free Library of Philadelphia)
1901 Vine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Any youth program that expects to provide enriching experiences and impact educational achievement must have a tool kit of positive approaches to managing behavior. Positive youth development principals have been an important influence for high quality programming. At this workshop, adults benefit from working with peers in sharing practices and learning what techniques are used by experts to build a tool kit for creating a welcoming, safe, and engaging environment where children feel successful and valued.
Course Objectives. Participants will develop techniques for:
- Social and emotional good health
- Effective management needed for children who have been in school all day
- Create a tool kit with techniques and strategies that they can take back and use immediately
- Target Audience: Group Leaders, Teachers, Site Directors, Parent Leaders serving students in grades K-8
PQAS Credit Available
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Computer Science Ed Week 2023 – Virtual Community Forum – Dec 6
- BUILT TO HEAL: ARCHITECTURE AS AN ENGINE FOR CHANGE – Dec 14
- Business on Board: Training for Nonprofit Board Service
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.