Corporation for National & Community Service: Deputy Regional Administrator
Join the CNCS team and help us fulfill our important mission! Apply by February 10th.
This position is located in the Office of Regional Operations, Department of the Chief of Program Operations. The incumbent will be in a regional office located in Austin, TX or Philadelphia, PA and will be responsible for overseeing the national service portfolio in the region.
- Provides direction, leadership and guidance to regional office staff to ensure the achievement of CNCS program goals, objectives, and priorities across all streams of service.
- Manages regional office staff, budget, and performance, compliance, and administration functions to optimize regional performance.
- Supports the Regional Administrator with implementing, modifying and evaluating regional operating plans in alignment with CNCS program goals, priorities and initiatives outlined annually.
- Ensures implementation of, and, adherence to policies and procedures relevant to grant and programmatic administration activities.
- Forecasts, measures, and reports financial and program performance results of various projects and initiatives with grantees, associations and other partners.
- Recommends and implements enhancements or changes to re-engineer service delivery models, amend policies (in consultation with program leadership), strengthen grant and financial administration, and revise procedures to increase efficiency.
- Drives seamless coordination between CNCS Programs and Regional operations and across streams of service, with the objective of improving the quality of program delivery and community impact.
- Supports the Regional Administrator with overseeing engagement and programming in response to local and national community needs.
- Facilitates close and efficient coordination of regional staff?s support to CNCS programs and with other CNCS headquarters departments on common programming, operational and funding issues.
- Ensures that programs are implemented in alignment with cost-effective, outcome-driven and evidence-based interventions that are responsive to national, state and local priorities.
- In coordination with the Director, Outreach and Partnerships, plans and implements an approach for advancing CNCS? national and local impact by convening partners, building coalitions, forging common agendas, and organizing community awareness.
- Identifies and addresses priority issues in region, capitalizing on opportunities and partnerships to provide a unified and coordinated CNCS voice with constituents and partners.
- Ensures Regional Operations is adequately resourced to perform its mission and oversee day-to-day business activities in the office, including financial management, staffing, space, resources, and travel.
- Manages all aspects of regional staff, including selection, direction, supervision, and evaluation of Regional personnel.
- Ensures that direct reports are accountable for managing program operations and their subordinate staff through measurable performance standards.
- Ensures cross regional alignment and collaboration with regional peers to ensure a seamless and consistent delivery of CNCS programs and services across regional offices.
Learn more and apply: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557771600
- High School and Post-Secondary Lead Instructor
- Compliance Manager, Belmont Charter Network
- OST ASSISTANT, Belmont Academy Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.