Copy Editor and Content Coordinator, Educators 4 Education
Posted by Educators 4 Education on October 17, 2016
Educators 4 Education (E4E) is seeking Copy Editor and Content Coordinator to join our content development team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in copyediting print and online Pre-K-12 resources and information. The core responsibilities for the position are: copyediting print and online content developed by both internal and external writers, and writing new content for E4E. The ideal candidate also will be skilled at interpreting Pre-K-12 issues and feel comfortable learning to write and edit in E4E’s style.
Who We Are:
E4E offers an array of on-site professional development, coaching services that are designed to develop, support and improve K-12 schools. We have over one hundred professional development and parent education titles; as well as a variety of youth development and student achievement programs. E4E has a committed team of experienced trainers and youth development professionals that will guide your school, step-by-step, through the process of creating a one-of-a-kind improvement program.
Bachelor’s degree, two years of professional copyediting experience in journalism or for consumer audiences, for both print and online, exceptional copyediting and writing skills, superior administrative and organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong computer application skills with knowledge of Microsoft office editing applications, graphic design, social media, interest or experience in Pre-k-12 education strongly preferred, experience in copyediting or writing using plain language principles and superior interpersonal skills and strong desire to work as part of a collaborative team.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Two years of professional copyediting experience in journalism or for consumer audiences, for both print and online.
- Copyediting ongoing educational content, breaking news, medical information, expert bios, and user-submitted content for E4E Blogs.
- Copyediting newsletters and coordinating sections
- Overseeing assigned content from conception through publication, including management of writers, reviewers, designers, and printers.
- Marketing online content by serving as curator for pages that promote educational content.
- Planning and coordinating freelance assignments and preproduction of print materials.
- Providing copyediting, proofreading, and design expertise for projects throughout the organization.
- Interacting with E4E constituents at education and advancement events to increase awareness of E4E programs/services and to develop relationships that can result in increased philanthropic support.
- Writing or revising educational brochures (as named), working closely with medical and consumer advisory committee professionals to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and sensitivity of content.
- Copyediting new educational brochures and revisions of educational brochures to ensure the content is medically accurate, sensitive to the audience and maintains E4E’s voice.
- Writing promotional email blasts to market content to selected audiences; working with other staff members to develop new approaches to marketing E4E programs through all platforms.
- Writing medical, psychosocial and promotional articles for blogs, website and newsletters.
- Experience coaching and facilitating professional development for school leaders and teachers.
- Strong familiarity and experience with the Common Core State Standards.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position listed above, please submit a letter of interest, writing sample and resume to (email@example.com).
- Serve Philadelphia VISTA Corps Is Accepting Applications
- Director, Sisters of Saint Joseph Welcome Center – Feb 20
- Better Bike Share Educator, Part-Time Position Seasonal (March – October), Bicycle Coalition – Feb 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.