Convening on High Stakes Testing
Posted by URBAN Philly on September 8, 2015
CONVENING ON HIGH STAKES TESTING: ENVISIONING ALTERNATIVES & PLANNING NEXT STEPS
Event to be held at the following time, date, and location:
Saturday, October 24, 2015 from 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
Kiva Auditorium, Ritter Annex, Temple University
1301 Cecil B. Moore Ave
The convening is designed to create partnerships in support of replacing high stakes testing with more meaningful forms of assessment and accountability.
Educators, parents, students, researchers, and other key stakeholders will work to develop action plans in the following four areas:
- Organizing/mobilizing against high stakes testing
- Developing authentic and alternative assessments for students
- Developing genuine accountability for teachers and schools that do not rely on test scores, and, developing accountability for the SRC
- Advocating for legislation that promotes quality education for all students.
Brought to you by:
URBAN Philly; Alliance for Philadelphia Public Schools (APPS); Caucus of Working Educators (WE); College of Education, Temple University; Opt Out Philly; Teacher Action Group (TAG); United Opt Out; University Community Collaborative
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Virtual Event: Regional Industries and STEM Education: Industry/Program Partnerships – Dec 19
- Virtual Event: What Do the 2022 Elections Mean for Healthcare – Dec 6
- The Desegregation of Higher Ed, Past, Present and Future – Dec 6
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.