Consulting Opportunity, Read by 4th – Jul 25
Posted by Read by 4th on July 20, 2021
Position: Event Coordinator – Reading Promise Week
Timeframe: August 1st – November 15th
Read by 4th is seeking a consultant to support the planning and implementation of Reading Promise Week, a citywide family literacy festival taking place October 11-17, 2021. The key responsibilities of this consultant will include being the main point of contact for partners seeking to design and hold events (virtual, small or anchor events), working with these partners through their planning process, connecting them to Read by 4th resources, volunteers to support their events, and other needs that might arise. Additional duties will include playing a lead role in planning and carrying out the logistics associated with the distribution of materials and resources, collecting data and information that will allow for a robust PR effort for the week, and providing a write up of recommendations to Read by 4th staff on ways to effectively grow this initiative while supporting the needs of partners and communities.
Learn more about Reading Promise Week from this year’s Host Guide.
Key Duties (specific responsibilities and deliverables will be articulated in a contract):
- Answer questions from partners seeking to participate in Reading Promise Week, helping them to identify the right role for them and getting them registered
- Maintain a spreadsheet of all registered events with key operational details (contact information, time, location, event programming
- Work with Read by 4th Operations Coordinator to ensure ordering of the right supplies and shared resources
- Develop and execute a plan for distribution of resources and materials to the various event hosts
- Be in contact with each event host (with a special focus on the anchor sites (between 6-10 sites) on a regular basis to troubleshoot planning issues and find resolutions
- Facilitate regular planning meetings for the anchor event hosts
- Plan the kick-off breakfast for the anchor event lead organizers
- Work closely with the Director of Communications to plan both the kick-off and culminating events for the week
Compensation: This will be a flat fee contract not to exceed $20,000. We are assuming this is a half to three quarters time role over the next three and half to four months. We expect the monthly flat rate to be around $5,000 – $6,000.
Apply: Send a letter of interest, qualifications and any other pertinent details of how you would approach this role to Jenny Bogoni (email@example.com) no later than July 25th. Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Afterschool Group Leaders, Martha Washington School
- Education Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Oct 20
- STEM Workforce Development Manager, McKinney Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.