Posted by Equal Measure on September 21, 2021
Equal Measure’s diverse team reflects a broad range of academic, professional, and personal expertise and perspectives. We are a team of passionate, forward-thinking practitioners, committed to serving as thought partners for our clients in design, evaluation, capacity building, technical assistance, and communications services.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Equal Measure is deeply interested in and committed to diversity along racial, ethnic, and gender lines and we are actively seeking an individual who can offer broader perspectives to our organizational thinking and culture. Racial minorities are highly encouraged to apply.
The Consultant, Communications supports all aspects of Equal Measure’s thought leadership and communications operations, working closely with the Senior Consultant, Communications and Vice President, Thought Leadership. Primary responsibilities include content management, copy editing and proofreading, and social media management, as well as general writing, project support, research, and media outreach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Website Management and Writing
- Manage Equal Measure website, including regular review to ensure that all sections are updated, and reflect current messaging, projects, work, team, and thought leadership.
- Provide quarterly updates on website analytics.
- Draft and update content for Equal Measure website, including project vignettes, project descriptions, news items, identification of resources from peer organizations, new staff bios, and blog posts. Identify opportunities for new website content.
Social Media Management and Writing
- Curate and draft content for Equal Measure’s social media platforms (Twitter and LinkedIn) and identify additional appropriate social media platforms for Equal Measure engagement.
- Provide quarterly update on social media analytics.
Writing and Editing
- Draft e-newsletter, blogs, news releases, e-blasts, and conduct media outreach, in conjunction with the release of Equal Measure thought leadership products.
- Conceptualize and draft written content for Equal Measure Infographics.
- Copyedit and proofread EqM thought leadership products.
- Participate in project thought leadership planning and dissemination discussions.
- Develop editorial and production schedules for Equal Measure thought leadership products; manage all steps in design process with external partners.
- Maintain monthly thought leadership content calendar.
- Manage and update Equal Measure Brand Resources, including templates (e.g., for reports, proposals, PowerPoint presentations, etc.), project descriptions, media lists, and other materials (e.g., staff bios and photos).
- Work with Senior Consultant, Communications and Vice President, Thought Leadership to maintain brand integrity for Equal Measure internal and external thought leadership.
- Engage in light design of Equal Measure publications (e.g., reports, briefs, infographics), as needed.
- Senior Project Manager (One Year Contract), Phila. Youth Network
- Associate, Communications and Outreach, Phila. Youth Network
- Program Associate, Phila. Youth Network
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.