Connecting Campuses with Communities Conference
Posted by IUPUI on January 5, 2015
Registration is now open for the 7th Annual Connecting Campuses with Communities at IUPUI May 11-15th.
Looking to enhance or create a service learning course? Ready to advance your community-engaged research project? These events have a reputation of creating the necessary space to foster new ideas and move a project forward. A past attendee stated, “The IUPUI Research Academy has been very helpful to service-learning faculty members at Virginia Commonwealth University. Several of our tenure line faculty members who attended the Academy last year walked away with specific ideas for research projects that they have since begun to implement. The Academy provides a wonderful mix of both high-quality information and mentoring” – Dr. Lynn E. Pelco, Associate Vice Provost for Community Engagement, Virginia Commonwealth University.
Two new additions for this year worth noting:
1. Graduate student scholarships – we are pleased to announce that we will offer 2 graduate students complimentary registration. This is ideal of someone working on a thesis or dissertation related to service-learning or community engagement. Or, those interested in learning about best practices with service learning. Applications for the award are due Fri., Feb. 2nd. For more information, visit our website (http://csl.iupui.edu/about/conferences/connecting.shtml).
2. Group discount for institutions with 3 or more attendees – We have found that attending as a group is a successful way to move an initiative forward on your campus and helps to develop a network that will have a lasting impact one you return to campus. Groups of 3 or more will receive a $50 per person discount on registration.
- Call for Proposals: PA Assoc of Nonprofit Orgs – Aug 10
- Youth Service America Launches the 50% Youth Participation by America250 Campaign – Aug 8-10
- Call for Papers: International Journal of ePortfolio – Dec 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.