Compliance Coordinator, Mayor’s Office of Education
Posted by City of Philadelphia on October 15, 2019
The Mayor’s Office of Education (MOE) provides leadership to improve education in the City of Philadelphia. To achieve this mission, MOE creates policies and programs to expand access to quality pre-K for Philadelphia families; support students and residents through Community Schools; facilitate collaboration and partnership among many stakeholders to strengthen the local educational landscape; and advance key educational policy. MOE works with public and private partners to support local schools and make educational opportunities more accessible for all.
The Compliance Coordinator works on day to day contract management and compliance controls for MOE. The Compliance Coordinator will monitor fiscal and programmatic compliance for all program activities, including, but not limited to: RFP Development, Contract Conformance, Contract Management and Performance, Vendor Compliance, and Financial Reporting and Monitoring. More specifically, the Compliance Coordinator supports monitoring, tracking, and providing documentation to capture the status and performance of s external vendor contracts and internal compliance controls. Work for this role is conducted under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration.
Vendor Procurement and Contract Conformance
- Assist with the writing and development of external procurement opportunities (e.g. RFPs, RFIs, RFQs) as needed.
- Manage proposals through the approval process prior to posting in the Automatic Computer Information System (ACIS).
- Manage the overall process of contract execution which includes reviewing vendor proposals and Scope of Work (SOW) for contractual requirements, budget, monitoring minority participation commitments, encumbering funds, communicating with other departments (such as Law, Budget, Finance, and others) and effectually guiding contract to conformance.
- Identify the cause of delay within the contract workflow and actively seek to rectify the issue.
Contract Management and Performance
- Review and monitor contract deliverables and verify expenditures to ensure eligibility and reimbursement under contract terms.
- Assist with all compliance reviews and audits, including the review of City contract disclosure forms, and maintain documentation of compliance activities.
- Track progress of contracts and prepare monthly contract reports to minimize delays.
- Monitor contract and grant performance and other federal, state and local compliance requirements.
- Evaluate contract performance for effectiveness and impact of projects and programs and make appropriate recommendations.
- Develop and refine internal processes and procedures that address grant- and contract-specific risks faced by the MOE.
- Assist with invoice management and tracking as needed.
- Participate in the development of quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements.
- Case Mangers, Cambodian Association of Greater Phila.
- Coordinator, Projects – Access Initiatives, Elevate 215
- Building Youth Civic Power – Fellowship Program
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.