Community Schools Ambassador Training South Philly
Posted by Community Schools Task Force of Philly on January 16, 2017
Community Schools Task Force of Philly
BECOME A Community Schools Ambassador TODAY!
Help create the path forward “From The Ground Up.”
Together, we can build an active and engaged learning network of people who are committed to building transformative Community Schools “From the Ground Up”—in the interest of our children, families and entire neighborhoods! The Ambassador Program is designed specifically for parents, students, community members, principals, teachers, and school staff in district public schools. After completing the program Ambassadors will be
1. Articulate the Community Schools strategy, identify the opportunities for implementing it, and how it can be
2. Understand the ground up approach to creating strong and meaningful participation at the school and neighborhood level.
3. Learn best practices and planning tools to identify actionable solutions, assets, partners, and needs in order to create, advocate for and promote the Community Schools strategy at the local, city-wide and district level.
4. Help expand the network of people committed to strengthening their public school and community.
How the program works:
• Ambassadors will attend a 1-day introductory training in their region* of the city between October 2016 and February 2017.
• Once the introductory training is completed, Ambassadors may participate in ongoing training opportunities, an online learning community, and continue to work with experts in the field.
Help your school provide MORE…
➔ Positive discipline and behavior programs.
➔ Challenging, culturally relevant academic learning.
➔ School based health and wellness services for families.
➔ GED programs, work placement, and career training programs.
➔ Resources that help families in need to access benefits for food, housing, childcare and utilities.
➔ Supports for families of English Language Learners.
➔ Places where families and neighbors can connect to build a stronger and healthier community.
#PHLed #communityschools #fromthegroundup #phled
Dates and Locations*
Saturday, January 28
South Philadelphia Region: Aquinas
Center 1719 Morris Street
10:00 am- 3:00 pm
Saturday, February 25
Citywide: Penn State Center
675 Sansom Street
Questions? Contact email@example.com
*You are encouraged but not required to attend the session in your home region
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- The GroupChat: 2022 GOTV Season – Oct 6
- Building Youth Power in Mentoring Programs, Training and Community Dialogue – Oct 26
- Trauma-Informed Mentoring Free Virtual Training – Oct 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.