Community Relations Coordinator, DE WONDER
Posted by State of Delaware on October 3, 2016
Please see the information below regarding a current opening for a Community Relations Coordinator in the DE WONDER employment and training program. This is a temporary position hired through Goodwill. It is 40 hrs/week with statewide travel required. Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to Carmen Harmon at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday October 7th.
Community Relations Coordinator (CRC) functions under the direction of the Delaware (DE) WONDER Business Manager, and is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of program improvements and business partner expansion. The CRC will also be responsible for marketing, community relations, development of community resources, community activities, public presentations, WONDER recruitment and retention, special projects, serving on committees/task forces, problem solving with other public/private agencies, addressing community organizations regarding programs and the preparation of a variety of reports such as statistical analysis and program assessments.
- Monitors, evaluates, collects and analyzes program data. Provides technical assistance and recommends course of action.
- Prepares interpretative reports of program goals and objectives, provision of services and programs/services ability to meet standards and regulations.
- Participates in developing policies, regulations, forms, proposal requests, implementing new procedures, monitors, develops, reviews, updates, negotiates contracts, and/or prepares grant applications.
- Acts as liaison with operations’ staff, State/Federal agencies and community organizations.
- Analyzes problems, applies policy to problem situations, respond to requests for information and presentations.
- Assists as consultant, coordinator/liaison for special programs and/or projects.
- Assesses impact of proposed rules, current events and trends on program service and outcomes.
- Knowledge of research methods, statistics, evaluation design and qualitative program evaluation methods.
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of marketing techniques.
- Knowledge of the functions and resources of community, health and related social service agencies.
- Knowledge of social, economic and health factors and the manner in which they affect the social behavior of individuals and families.
- Skill in computer applications to evaluation research.
- Skill in interpreting, analyzing, forecasting problem solving, evaluating and organizing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, representatives for other service agencies, community organizations and associates.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Ability to elicit information, evaluate findings and recommend corrective action.
- Ability to analyze current social, economic, service issues.
High School diploma/GED required; bachelor’s degree preferred
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
1. Three years’ experience in public relations or media relations to establish and promote a positive image and inform or influence specific audiences through the use of internal and external communications such as public forums, print or electronic media, speech writing, writing/editing, marketing, advertising, or special events.
2. Three years’ experience in gathering, organizing, formatting, translating, or interpreting information into forms more easily understood by the media or public, and disseminating the information through the use of print, broadcast or electronic media.
3. Three years’ experience in public speaking which includes gathering, preparing and presenting information to the public or media groups.
4. Three years of experience in narrative report writing.
5. Six months experience in developing, planning and directing public events, campaigns, programs, or services to meet community needs.
6. Six months experience in determining and evaluating alternative courses of action to resolve or mitigate controversial issues.
7. Six months experience in developing policies, procedures or programs for dissemination of information to the public or media groups.
8. Experience in Community outreach with demonstrated success in areas of recruitment and community engagement.
9. Self-motivated, able to work independently with strong organizational skills.
10. Experienced communicator with demonstrated strong writing and public speaking skills
11. Demonstrate integrity, organization and attention to detail
12. Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional Suite.
- Enrollment and Partnerships Manager, Let’s Get Ready
- Communications Manager, National Constitution Center
- Digital Media Specialist, National Constitution Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.