Community Outreach and Engagement Specialist (Part-Time), Penn’s Village
Posted by Penn’s Village on February 16, 2021
Penn‘s Village, (PV) an innovative, volunteer – based organization addressing aging in place in central Philadelphia, is seeking an experienced community outreach specialist with connections to diverse communities within its catchment area. This is a one year grant-funded part time position, approximately twenty hours a month. The position has been created to help Penn’s Village meet its diversity and inclusion goals.
The incumbent will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Inclusiveness and Diversity Committee and other standing committees of the Board of Directors. The incumbent will work both from home and (when safe again) within the community to meet with organizational leaders and representatives. A home computer with internet access is required. Successful applicants will have prior community outreach experience and knowledge of diverse community organizations, leaders and representatives especially in the Bella Vista, Hawthorne and Graduate Hospital areas.
- Identify & explore opportunities to partner with up to five key diverse stakeholder groups, e.g., block captains, leaders of neighborhood or church groups of elders, health care community organizations, senior centers, civic associations
- Meet with relevant community leaders/groups to explore how they and Penn’s Village might work together to help meet mutual goals, including shared programming
- Arrange community presentations or events at new sites to recruit new PV members and volunteers.
- Work with diverse members/resource neighbors to identify types of interest groups, programs and other activities that might be attractive to a diverse group of members.
- Consult with PV Committees on modifying current materials and publications for relevance for and likely interest to diverse populations.
- Identify media/information outlets for public relations within the communities of interest
- Suggest ways that each PV committee might contribute to Penn‘s Village’s inclusiveness and diversity goals
- College degree or life experience equivalent in community outreach, organizing, human services, or other relevant area and at least one year of applicable work experience; retirees encouraged to apply
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, including familiarity with email, virtual platforms and online office products
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups
- Interest in, experience and skill working with older adult services and issues
- Knowledge about cultural differences
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High School and Post-Secondary Lead Instructor
- Compliance Manager, Belmont Charter Network
- OST ASSISTANT, Belmont Academy Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.