Community Liaison, Nemours Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders
Posted by Nemours on January 16, 2017
Community Liaison-Nemours Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders
Nemours Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders (NCCBD) Community Liaison has a primary function to enhance opportunities for engagement, awareness and fundraising with organizations and patient families.
As part of a growing development team focused on fundraising for efforts to fight childhood cancer throughout the Delaware Valley, the candidate is primarily responsible for building/maintaining relationships with the outcome of raising funds to support the NCCBD’s needs and coordinating community outreach. The Community Liaison reports to the Associate Director of Fund Development (Events and Corporate Partnerships) at the Fund for Children’s Health and will work closely with the Director of Operations within the NCCBD.
1. Identify, cultivate and manage relationships that will lead to heightened awareness of current needs, create urgency, and enhance integration among clinical staff, marketing/communications and the Fund.
2. Develop relationships with key NCCBD staff in order to be fully integrated in the Center’s work.
3. In collaboration with the Director of Operations and the Director of Donor Relations, develop and implement assessment tool to monitor impact and determine ROI for community and 3rd party events.
4. Achieve revenue goals by working with and through community organizations, 3rd party fundraisers and families; provide guidelines and guidance to maximize opportunity.
5. Coordinate Nemours’ presence and attend community events throughout the region to represent the NCCBD; will require travel within the catchment region to include DE and southeastern PA with occasional interaction in NJ and eastern MD.
1. Possesses the ability to work both independently, creatively and collaboratively with a high-performing team to execute best practices in fundraising.
2. Demonstrates high organizational and planning skills, and ability to handle multiple priorities under pressure.
3. Demonstrates outstanding written and oral communication skills to articulate the mission of the Nemours/NCCBD and communicate a case for support.
4. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including physicians, associates, and members of the community.
5. Demonstrate significant ability for discretion and confidentiality in handling sensitive issues.
6. Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time by employee’s supervisor.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have proven record of development/fundraising efforts in the non-profit environment
- Raiser’s Edge
- Campus Compact Student Design Fellowship – Oct 27
- Special Projects Manager (Remote), Campus Compact
- Student Engagement Coordinator (Remote), Campus Compact
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.