Community Health Program Coordinator, CHOP
Posted by Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on October 11, 2022
The Community Health Program Coordinator will forge deep relationships with local health-based partners and key staff such as social workers and other on-site social service representatives; develop programming based on customer demand and community need; vet potential partnerships using their public health expertise; and strive to be a central source of information about community resources. The Community Health Program Coordinator’s position is aimed at increasing awareness of a broad network of programs offered by the organization to the public (via public website, social media accounts, pamphlet, bulletin board/light board), supporting all community partners in promoting each other’s services, introducing members to each other and looping each other in on everyone’s services and creating sustainability in existing and new program collaborations. The Community Health Program Coordinator will have the capacity to manage and balance multiple projects autonomously, work flexibly with a varying number of staff and community partners, and keep the larger health-based goals of the organization in mind.
- Promote preventive health care services and raise public awareness of programs.
- Distribute newspaper articles, educational pamphlets, and related information.
- Serve as key participant in program design, development and evaluation.
- Prepare and submit grant applications and funding proposals
- Prepare narrative and statistic reports regarding program evaluation and effectiveness.
- Collaborate and coordinate activities with other health agencies.
- Develop and promote programs within the organization and in the community.
- Perform research and collect data on collaborative efforts among community partners, including tracking usage.
- Establish and maintain a centralized listing of community programs across the organization.
- Serve as a liaison to the organization in promoting resources available across the network and city based programs that benefit employees.
- Use Community Health Needs Assessment as a guide for developing and prioritizing community programs. Stays abreast of the evolving social health needs of the community and identifying programs to meet those needs.
- Participate in community meetings and coalition networks to establish relationships with social service organizations and community members.
- Create a process to include community input in program prioritization, development and ongoing needs and resources.
- Balance the community needs with the capacity of each site to create innovative approaches across the region.
- Serve as a mentor to interns as needed.
- Clinical Lab Assistant at CHOP, Training & Job Opportunity – Dec 14
- Bilingual Collective Impact Coordinator, Ceiba
- Lindy Scholars Program Manager, Drexel University – Dec 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.