Community Engagement during COVID-19
Posted by Give Pulse on April 28, 2020
Thanks to all who responded to our assessment this month regarding your COVID-19 response.
We learned that…
- 63% of campus respondents (n=89) had suspended all community based learning activities through the remainder of the term and that 67% of their partners had suspended hosting student volunteers.
- The vast majority (79%) of respondents were concerned with the health and safety of volunteers responding to community needs in person.
- 33% were continuing to pay community based work study students, but not permitting them to work, while 29% shifting students work with the partner to remote engagement with continued pay. Only 5% reported that pay for students was suspended.
- Less than 10% of respondents community partners were offering virtual or remote opportunities to students.
- 42% responded that their institution was coordinating an official response for COVID-19 community needs and 63% indicated their campus had adopted official protocols for student, faculty and staff engagement with community activities.
More in "New Resources"
- New Report: Countering Election Misinformation
- Podcast: Citizen Cast: Michael Mann Preaches Climate Optimism
- New Health Department Website for Families
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.