Community Engagement Coordinator, Scout
Posted by Scout on January 5, 2018
1901 S. 9th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19148
3 years minimum
Commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package
ABOUT SCOUT and BOK
Scout is a collective of young, enthusiastic urbanists currently leading the redevelopment of the iconic Bok building into a creative hub for innovators, artist, entrepreneurs, community services and makers. With a mix of expertise – from design and planning to project management and community engagement – we bring a thoughtful pragmatism to our work. To learn more, check out http://www.scout-ltd.com.
BOK offers affordable creative office and studio space to small businesses, artists, nonprofits, small-batch manufacturers and beyond. The scale of the building means there is the ability to accommodate a wide span of users in spaces ranging from 200 to 25,000 square feet. BOK has grown to over 100 diverse businesses — ranging from non-profits, bakeries and test kitchens, architects and lawyers, designers and photographers, artists and craftsmen and women, musicians, a hair salon, a pre-school, and a boxing gym. For more information, please visit http://www.buildingbok.com.
Scout is looking for a professional, detail-oriented, and motivated Community Engagement Coordinator to join our team at BOK. The position will work closely under our Leasing and Operations Managers to ensure that BOK’s leasing goals and community objectives are well supported.
This role requires a constant professional and personable demeanor and confidence in engaging with a variety of internal and external community members — from tenants to civic associations to neighbors to community organizations and beyond. The ideal candidate is an individual who demonstrates flexibility and a strong ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, solves problems and acts with tact and diplomacy, and has great communication skills. We are a small, entrepreneurial, energetic team and therefore looking for someone who appreciates a fast-paced, start-up atmosphere and has the ability to remain highly organized in such an environment. Previous community engagement, communications and/or administrative experience is strongly preferred.
- support Leasing Manager with leasing program and goals by:
- updating and maintaining CRM system and property management software records
- corresponding with prospective tenants and giving tours
- drafting lease proposals and lease agreements
- assisting with tenant onboarding and move-outs
- assisting with reporting and other leasing admin as required
- coordinating development of leasing materials as needed
- support Leasing and Operations Managers with tenant relationship management by:
- managing BOK’s Ambassador Program (tenant work-trade program)
- managing up-to-date tenant listserv and tenant communications (weekly update emails, building notices and alerts, fielding inquires, facilitating community chats and coordinating any required follow ups)
- coordinating with tenants on relevant press opportunities
- updating website as needed
- managing distribution of relevant surveys; analyzing results and providing reports
- manage external outreach and communication efforts by:
- cultivating and managing relationships with neighborhood stakeholders, community organizations, and immediate neighbors
- cultivating and managing relationships with Bok alumni
- attending and presenting at relevant community meetings and events
- organizing and leading tours (including weekly community tours)
- strategizing community events with events team
- coordinating outreach messaging and distribution (working with social vendors for press / social objectives; quarterly newspapers)
- coordinating development of other printed materials as needed
Candidate should have a minimum of three years work experience in community engagement or management and have the professional confidence to interact with a variety of people. Candidate must be detail oriented, possess excellent organizational skills, and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Candidate must be a highly motivated, responsible individual with a strong capacity to work independently, handle a fastpaced work environment with poise and maintain a friendly, professional demeanor at all times.
- Reliable, pro-active and self-directed to take action and resolve problems
- Ability to remain highly organized in a complex environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfortable presenting in front of groups
- Strong work ethic and pro-active attitude
- Sound judgment and ability to deal effectively with matters of a confidential nature
- Highly detail orientated with a high degree of professionalism, initiative, integrity, urgency and motivation
- Versatile, and not precious (not scared to try something new!)
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times
- Experience with CRMs, CMSs, and Mailchimp required
- Experience with Adobe CS a plus
Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter for consideration. Scout also provides a competitive benefits package, including vision and dental coverage and simple IRA matching. Scout offers 20 days of holiday per year for all staff and numerous happy hours – in addition to 10 government recognized holidays. We work hard, but we like to have fun too!
To apply, send a cover letter and resume with “Community Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants who include a cover letter, resume, and salary expectation and submit through the proper channel will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with the ambition of filling the role before the end of the 2017.
- Cultural Health Navigator – Male Engagement, AFAHO – Feb 13
- Youth EduSoccer Coach, Safe-Hub
- Project Director, Advancing Equity Through Public Safety – Feb 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.