Community Engagement Associate, MANNA
Posted by MANNA on May 3, 2022
MANNA (Metropolitan Area Neighborhood Nutrition Alliance) uses nutrition to improve health for people with serious illnesses who need nourishment to heal. By providing medically tailored meals and nutrition education, we empower people to improve their health and quality of life.
MANNA serves more than 1,200 clients and prepares over 3,300 meals a day. We provide 100% complete, home-delivered nutrition for our clients living with diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and HIV/AIDS. MANNA’s volunteers comprise over 90% of the agency’s workforce.
This position is a pivotal role in the Volunteer Department. Under the supervision of the Manager of Community Engagement and in conjunction with the other Community Engagement Associate (the Volunteer Team), develop and maintain the volunteer resources needed to support the daily operations of MANNA’s dynamic kitchen and increasing client base. Coordinate the activities of over 10,000 volunteers a year and provide them with opportunities, both in groups and as individuals to contribute to the mission of MANNA.
This position is full time – minimum 40 hours per week. Nights and weekends will be required as needed.
The Community Engagement Associate will report to the Manager of Community Engagement.
Responsibilities: Work with the Volunteer Team to:
- Ensure consistent level of individual and group volunteer staffing to maintain smooth functioning of MANNA operations.
- Schedule and present regular orientations for prospective volunteers.
- Maintain and update volunteer management databases as needed.
- Maintain volunteer lounge – ensuring the room is fully stocked and clean at all times.
- Assist volunteers with registration and check-in process.
- Serve as on-site point of contact for all volunteers.
- Make follow-up calls and send emails for shift confirmations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You like working with a diverse group of people.
- You are patient, exhibit emotional intelligence and work well under pressure.
- You can think on your feet. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- You have at least one year of direct volunteer engagement experience.
- You can relate effectively to broadest diversity of volunteers and potential volunteers with compassion and kindness.
- You have excellent public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- You can work independently and in a team environment.
- You demonstrate solid problem solving and time management skills.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills.
- You have strong computer skills: Required: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook required), SharePoint and working knowledge of Salesforce and VolunteerHub, internet and electronic communications, social media savvy.
- You can work in a physically demanding job for long hours on occasion.
- You are be able to lift up to 30 lbs. regularly
- You have a valid Driver’s License.
- You must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
Starting salary $38,500.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter via email with the subject line of “Community Engagement Associate” to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
- Housing Development Officer, PHDC
- Director of Finance, PHDC
- Policy Advocacy and Outreach Associate, Nature Conservancy – Aug 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.