Community Engagement Associate, MANNA
Posted by MANNA on August 10, 2021
MANNA (Metropolitan Area Neighborhood Nutrition Alliance) uses nutrition to improve health for people with serious illnesses who need nourishment to heal. By providing medically tailored meals and nutrition education, we empower people to improve their health and quality of life.
MANNA serves more than 1,200 clients and prepares over 3,300 meals a day. We provide 100% complete, home-delivered nutrition for our clients living with diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and HIV/AIDS. MANNA’s 7,000+ annual volunteers comprise over 90% of the agency’s workforce. Our volunteers work in the kitchen, preparing and packaging meals, and on the road, delivering meals to our clients’ doorsteps.
This position is a pivotal role in the Volunteer Department. Working closely with the Distribution Department, develop and maintain the resources needed to support the daily operations of MANNA’s volunteer drivers and increasing client base. Under the supervision of the Manager of Community Engagement and in conjunction with the other Community Engagement Associate (the Volunteer Team), coordinate the activities of over 250 volunteer drivers a year and provide them with opportunities, both in groups and as individuals to contribute to the mission of MANNA.
This position is full time – minimum 40 hours per week. Nights and weekends will be required as needed. The Community Engagement Associate will report to the Manager of Community Engagement.
Responsibilities: Work with the Volunteer Team and the Distribution Department to:
- Ensure consistent level of individual and group volunteer driver staffing to maintain smooth functioning of MANNA operations.
- Coordinate with the Distribution Department to set up volunteer drivers with their meals for delivery as they arrive daily.
- Volunteer engagement: Conduct appropriate community outreach and volunteer recruitment as needed, provide consistent engagement for volunteer drivers.
- Schedule and present regular orientations for prospective volunteers.
- Maintain and update volunteer management databases as needed.
- Assist volunteers with registration and check-in process.
- Serve as on-site point of contact for volunteer drivers, kitchen volunteers, and walk-in clients.
- Make follow-up calls and send emails for shift confirmations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You like working with a diverse group of people. You can relate effectively to broadest diversity of volunteers and potential volunteers with compassion and kindness.
- You thrive in an energetic and physically active environment. You can work in a physically demanding job and are able to lift and push up to 50 lbs. regularly.
- You are patient, exhibit emotional intelligence and work well under pressure.
- You can think on your feet. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- You have volunteer engagement or customer service experience.
- You have excellent public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- You can work independently and in a team environment.
- You demonstrate solid problem solving and time management skills.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills.
- You have strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook required), internet and electronic communications, social media savvy, required. Experience with CRMs/databases (Salesforce, VolunteerHub) preferred, but not required.
- You have a valid Driver’s License.
- You must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
TO APPLY: Salary range $34,000-38,000 commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter via email with the subject line of “Community Engagement Associate” to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.