Community Educator, Women Against Abuse
Posted by Women Against Abuse on October 20, 2014
Implement domestic violence and teen dating violence educational and training programs to public school students, survivors, and community based organizations in the Philadelphia area. As needed, may provide domestic violence educational and training programs to professionals. All responsibilities are implemented according to our mission and values and according to Agency standards, including the Sanctuary Model ®.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, field of human services, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years teaching/educating, instruction, training facilitation or related experience required. Experience teaching in the urban area public schools (School District of Philadelphia) is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and facilitate training sessions is required.
- A valid Pennsylvania driver’s license is required. Car ownership is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and to follow through on assigned projects is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population is required. Experience with the LGBTQ community preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to service of others is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in communication, both verbal and in writing, is required.
- Bilingualism (Spanish/English) is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to organize time and detail, including keeping of records, is preferred.
- Community Implementation Specialist, CHOP
- Clinical Research Program Manager – Medical Financial Partnership (MFP)
- Patient Services Representative at CHOP – Feb 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.