Community & Education Programs Manager (Part Time Contractor), Keep Phila Beautiful
Posted by Keep Philadelphia Beautiful on May 8, 2017
Community & Education Programs Manager (Part Time Contractor)
About Keep Philadelphia Beautiful
A proud Keep America Beautiful affiliate, we convene, equip and empower people to use community beautification to achieve vibrant neighborhoods. We collaborate, educate and provide resources to ignite collective action and neighborhood pride.
With the Community & Education Programs Manager Contractor position, Keep Philadelphia Beautiful is seeking an individual who can support and lead neighborhood and education-based programming efforts. This individual will build capacity and connections across neighborhood-based greening initiatives, and facilitate high-quality and impactful sustainability presentations for K-12 youth in a variety of settings (both in-school and out-of-school).
Overview of Responsibilities:
Neighborhood-Based Programming – Help sustain and create programming for CDCs, CBOs, Civic Associations, and other local groups that work towards cleaner, greener and more beautiful neighborhoods. Tasks may include assistance with organizing:
– Workshops supporting neighborhood greening & beautification efforts
– Panel discussions or other convening events
– Annual microgrant program
– Other tasks as agreed upon by KPB and Contractor
Education Programming - Help sustain and grow our environmental education programming in partnership with the School District of Philadelphia and our City agency partners. Tasks may include:
● Oversee scheduling of workshops
● Correspond with teachers
● Facilitate workshops in schools, after-school programs, recreation centers, and other locations in partnership with volunteer educators
● Other tasks as agreed upon by KPB and Contractor
● Conduct outreach to out-of-school time programming providers to build partnerships and share workshops in these settings
● Compile assessment results into a bi-annual report for KPB Executive Director with recommendations for program development & growth
● Highly accountable and responsible
● A brainstormer and collaborator
● Proactive and detail oriented
● Understand Philly – its neighborhoods and nuances
● Enjoy working in a dynamic and self-directed environment
● Looking for meaningful part-time work that will allow you to contribute to a powerful mission and build your capacity as an advocate for sustainability and local beautification
● Child Abuse, State and Federal Criminal Clearances that will allow for work with children and in school settings
● Ability to travel within Philadelphia and surrounding areas either by public transportation or by personal automobile
Team Member Collaboration
– Join in weekly KPB team meetings
– Report to KPB Executive Director on an agreed upon schedule to ensure smooth sailing of all logistics, projects, correspondence, and other work
$1200/month (approx 20 hours / week)
To submit a request to contract, please send a cover letter and resume to Michelle Feldman, KPB Executive Director, at email@example.com by June 2nd. KPB is an equal opportunity Contractor; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other legally protected class. We aim at achieving meaningful business opportunities for Minority (MBE), Woman (WBE) and Disabled Business Enterprises (DBE).
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Program Manager, Need in Deed
- Director of Development, Pendle Hill – May 15
- Webinar: AmeriCorps NCCC: A to Z
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.