Community-based Global Learning Collaborative (Formerly Globalsl Network)
Building on a decade of collaboration, the network of educational institutions and community organizations formerly known as The Globalsl Network has become The Community-based Global Learning Collaborative @CBGLCollab on Twitter or a group on Facebook.
The Collaborative is a network of educational institutions and community organizations that advances ethical, critical, and aspirationally de-colonial community-based learning and research for more just, inclusive, and sustainable communities.
The Collaborative does this through several specific mechanisms:
- Interdependence: Global Solidarity and Local Actions – a new, growing, and adapting collection of online learning activities and critical civic tools designed to deepen college-level learners’ understanding of and engagement with ethical interdependence. The resources include tools that support ethical engagement across cultures and power differentials as learners, researchers, and organizers. We’re building this right now, eager for additional collaborators, and iterating all summer long as we work with the first cohorts of students using this approach.
- The Global Engagement Survey, a multi-institutional study that examines the outcomes of high impact programming, such as engaged learning and study abroad, on local and global civic learning, cultural humility, and critical reflection
- Mobilizing and disseminating Fair Trade Learning as a set of principles and practices that promote ethical community-campus partnership
- A campus-community organizer and activist website hosted by Campus Compact that collects and mobilizes tools, insights, and peer-reviewed research to support faculty, staff, administrators, and community workers in efforts to leverage pedagogy and partnerships toward more just, inclusive, sustainable communities
During the months to come, the network will transition completely to the Community-based Global Learning Collaborative name and social media handles @CBGLCollab on Twitter or a group on Facebook. To stay up to date on activities and resources, follow us there or join the group. If you’re already on the Globalsl email list subscription, you’ll continue to get emails. If you wish to sign-up for emails, just sign up on the left side of this page.
More in "New Resources"
- What the Fact?! Teaching Guide
- Campus Museums of Service
- Webinar Recording: Digital Equity and the Opportunities for Higher Education
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.