Community Advocacy Toolkit: Building Culturally Affirming Schools
Posted by Teach Plus PA on July 5, 2022
In a new community advocacy toolkit, Building Culturally Affirming Schools, Teach Plus PA Policy Fellows share tools and strategies for parents, students, and community members to advocate at the local level for equitable and culturally affirming schools. The toolkit identifies four keys to culturally affirming schools:
- Inclusive curriculum & instructional materials
- Diverse educators
- Equitable & affirming classroom environment
- Equitable school policies
For each key, you’ll find data on the need for change, tools for evaluating your district’s current status, and resources like sample letters to district leaders to help you take action and make change.
Download the toolkit here.
More in "New Resources"
- New E-Books Added To POWER Library For Pennsylvanians
- The 2022 CHIPS and Science Act’s Impact on STEM in PA and Beyond
- Office of LGBT Affairs: 2022 Year in Review
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.