Communications Manager, People’s Emergency Center
Posted by People's Emergency Center (PEC) on June 14, 2022
The Communications Manager will support a dynamic team as the primary developer of mass external communications for People’s Emergency Center and our affiliates (PEC + Affiliates) during a transformative time, as we undertake a brand initiative and launch a new combined agency. This role works collaboratively across departments to develop, produce, and update all newsletters and websites, with the goal of raising our profile in the public eye, acquiring support, and stewarding donors. Ensures content is consistent, timely, and relevant by collaborating closely with program managers and directors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure content is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision.
- Grow online supporter base through website traffic.
- Collaborate with Development team members to effectively recognize and steward donors (i.e., automated email/text campaigns)
- Build and implement communications plan for mass texting, in collaboration with the Director, External Communications.
- Write, edit, produce, and publish external mass communications and website pages.
- Assist in developing and editing content in support of social media strategies.
- Develop marketing and promotion plans and content related to eblasts, website, and donor acquisition
- Create a library of “evergreen” sales and marketing materials
- Write, edit, and revise content as necessary to assist other team members.
- Develop communications policies as needed.
- Develop monthly report on marketing activities.
- Manage individual volunteers and gifts-in-kind.
- Develop a budget for software and upgrades for growth and adhere to the finalized budget.
- Photography and videography.
- Other duties as assigned.
- TRiO College Access Program Coordinator, Phila. Education Fund
- Nonprofit Strategic Planning Consultant (RFI) – Aug 8
- Managing Director of Program Strategies, Steppingstone Scholars
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.