Communications Director, Philadelphia Orchard Project – Jun 26
Posted by Philadelphia Orchard Project on May 30, 2023
The Philadelphia Orchard Project is hiring its first Communications Director for a full-time (37.5 hours per week) hybrid role. We are looking for someone to contribute fresh perspectives to POP’s leadership team and amplify our profile and impact across the city as we continue to expand community-based food resources, educational resources, and access to green spaces. We are excited about upcoming opportunities to implement the city’s Tree Plan and Urban Agriculture plan, and exploring the ways in which POP can advance goals of environmental and food justice.
We are seeking someone who can lead critical communication, fundraising and leadership initiatives, including:
- Telling our story to supporters, partners, and volunteers
- Helping us better share our educational resources
- Get more Philly residents engaged in orchard care
- Making sure we meet our fundraising goals to ensure we operate sustainably
- Supporting our staff in their professional development and growth
- Cultivating relationships with our community partners
- Helping us implement the diversity, equity, inclusion and justice-based goals of our most recent strategic plan
The ideal candidate doesn’t need to be an expert in agriculture or horticulture, but must have knowledge of Philadelphia and its neighborhoods. We seek to diversify POP’s leadership team and strongly encourage applications from people in underrepresented or marginalized groups, including but not limited to Black, Indigenous, or People of Color.
The priority deadline to apply is June 26, 2023.
Please see the linked position description for more details about the role, qualifications, salary, benefits, and application information. If this role intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Assistant Director, Scholar Recruitment & Success (Catto Scholarship), Community College of Philadelphia
- Chief Racial Equity Officer, City of Philadelphia
- Engagement Partnerships Consulting Manager, City of Philadelphia
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.