Communications and Development Internship, Committee of Seventy
Posted by on November 18, 2013
Winter 2013 Communications and Development Internship
The fiercely non-partisan Committee of Seventy fights tirelessly for better government in the region by striving to involve more citizens in public life, promoting greater competition among candidates and parties, and making sure that our public officials are held accountable. To keep its voice independent, the non-profit Seventy does not accept government funding, nor does it endorse candidates.
Seventy is unencumbered by special interests. It speaks freely and uses its reputation as an honest broker to:
• Educate citizens on how government can work better;
• Fight for the best use of taxpayers’ dollars, calling attention to government misconduct and wastefulness;
• Monitor and work to ensure fair and well-run elections; and
• Advocate for efficiency, transparency and ethical behavior from public officials and all branches of regional governments.
Seventy is the only independent, non-political organization of its kind in the region pursuing these goals.
Seventy is looking for an energetic self-starter seeking professional communication, development and non-profit experience. The intern will report directly to the Development Manager.
Responsibilities could include:
– Support the redesign of the organization’s website including content editing and creation and assist with the preparing of an internal website management manual
– Assist with all fundraising efforts including roll-out of an Annual Giving Campaign, events and micro-giving efforts
– Contribute to the organization’s social media presence
– Develop and enhance communication materials and other tasks as needed.
Students must show initiative, flexibility and creativity. Strong organizational, communications, writing and research skills are a must.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Beth Vogel at [email protected]
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Volunteers needed, Philly Reading Coaches
- Requesting Participants: Workforce & Internship Opportunities Fair – Dec 6
- Recruiting STEM Volunteers: Philadelphia Afterschool STEM Exploration (PASE)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.