College & Alumni Counselor, Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School
Posted by Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School on February 4, 2020
WHO WE ARE
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School is an independent, Catholic, college preparatory school for students of all faiths who cannot otherwise afford a private education. Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School nurtures and challenges young women and men to recognize and realize their full potential as they grow to love God, respect others and serve their community.
Contributes to the success of the Cristo Rey Philadelphia College Counseling Office by collaborating with the Director of College Counseling as well as key school staff and administration to coordinate the College Access and Success program elements. Ensures students meet short, intermediate and long term outcomes including high school graduation, college readiness, college matriculation and completion of college education.
Essential Duties and Job Competencies:
Provides high quality, personalized college, career and financial aid services to Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School students
• Ensures students are educated about the college and financial processes to support them in matriculating and persisting in college.
• Counsels a caseload of high school students on an individual basis providing college advisory services that are specific to each student’s needs and strengths. Helps students create college plans
and execute against them.
• Prepares curriculum and teaches weekly advisory classes for juniors and seniors about the college and financial aid application process
• Prepares curriculum for a spring course dedicated to preparing students for success in college and the transition to college
• Provides students and families timely communication including newsletters/e-mail/phone call updates about upcoming important dates for college/tests/scholarships/workshops, etc.
COLLEGE SUCCESS/ALUMNI PROGRAM COORDINATION:
• Collaborates with College Counseling team and Cristo Rey Network to create and implement all college success/alumni program elements.
• Provides ongoing communication and consistent support with assigned current college students (at minimum-two contacts per semester) including assistance with financial aid renewals, scholarship opportunities, and school transfers.
• Partners with school staff to identify and address risk factors for college attrition, actively supporting students through completion of post-secondary education.
• Communicates program goals and supports college students in becoming engaged on campus and in their communities
• Plans events that facilitate networking and keeps students engaged with CRPHS
• Domestic travel to visit students on their college campuses required
DATA MANAGEMENT, ORGANIZATIONAL COLLABORATION/ LEARNING/ TRAINING:
• Utilizes Salesforce Database & Naviance for consistent and timely data tracking, including up to date contact information, points of service entries, and student assessments
• Tracks progress toward multiple college goals (and other key data) and updates President/CEO, Principal, Director of College Counseling and staff on a regular basis.
• Collaborates with College Counseling Team to develop programs and address student progress toward outcomes
• Communicates on a regular basis with school leadership team about progress of students toward high school completion, college matriculation and completion of post-secondary education;
collaborates with staff to address specific student needs
• Gains specific knowledge and skills regarding financial aid and college access and success as needed to collaborate effectively with school staff and work directly with students.
• Provides training to staff regarding post-secondary education process to aid in our community’s ability to work with students toward meeting high school graduation and post-secondary
• Participates and represents Cristo Rey Philadelphia in ongoing organizational training and in the Cristo Rey Network; ensures learning and best practices are communicated
• Uses knowledge gained through working with Post-Secondary students to help high school staff to better position all students for the transition to post-secondary school.
Learn more and apply: https://cristoreyphiladelphia.org/about-us/join-the-team
- High School and Post-Secondary Lead Instructor
- Compliance Manager, Belmont Charter Network
- OST ASSISTANT, Belmont Academy Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.