COLLABORATIVE Toolkit Online Workshop Fall 2022 Series – Oct 4-12
The Interdependence: Global Solidarity and Local Actions Toolkit brings together educators, organizers, and learners who all share a commitment to building more just, inclusive, and sustainable communities. This October, the Collaborative is offering an online workshop for participants to develop applications in their own organizational contexts.
About the Toolkit and Opportunity:
The Toolkit is adapted in myriad ways; including for setting expectations in civic engagement projects or education abroad, pre-travel considerations of applied ethical research, preparing for place-based learning, cross-cultural/ international team building, in lieu of a textbook for a social/global issues course, as ‘flipped classroom’ group work, and beyond. The theme-based template allows users to scale their approach, picking and choosing from the multi-dimensional offerings to engage in many facets of one theme through different formats (visual, audio, text, discussion prompts, etc.). The pages are also designed so that learners can engage with them at their own pace, or along a set timeline; both synchronously and asynchronously.
Over 3 days and 8 hours in October (6 synchronous and 2 asynchronous), this professional development opportunity will take participants through concrete examples of how the Toolkit is being implemented and create space for participants to develop applications for their own institutional and organizational contexts.
- Become familiar with the content of the Toolkit and have several concrete examples of how it can be applied
- Work on an individualized application of Toolkit content for participant contexts (workshop, course syllabus, pre-departure orientation, etc.)
- Explore how to develop Toolkit content/contribute to its co-creation
- Connect with others who are committed to building more just, inclusive, and sustainable communities.
- 3 – 2 hour sessions in October 2022
- Participants need to attend all sessions
- 8 hours of engagement total (6 synchronous and 2 asynchronous)
- Tuesday, October 4th 10-noon, Thursday, October 6th 10-noon and Wednesday, October 12th 10-noon EST
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- December Master Class: My Beautiful Black Hair – Dec 8
- Virtual Conversation: We Voted…Now What? Humane Life Together After Midterm Elections and Beyond – Dec 5
- Virtual Series on Racism and Aging: As the World Turns: Stories of Transformation – Dec 7
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.