Coalition Against Hunger 2020-2021 Annual Report
As a part of the Week to Fight Hunger, we are excited to release our FY2020-2021 Annual Report! It was a year unlike any other. With our team working from home, we buckled down and learned how to be flexible to meet the new challenges and how best to serve the Greater Philadelphia region during the ongoing pandemic. Our team was able to:
- Help thousands of people apply for SNAP benefits through our SNAP Hotline.
- Create new educational resources that were used at over 100 community events.
- Support our food pantry and soup kitchen partners by providing additional resources, such as access to more funding and coordination of over 200,000 lbs. of food for their distribution.
- Advocate for improvements at the national, state, and local levels that will strengthen and ease access to nutrition programs so that families and individuals who struggle with food insecurity can get the help they need.
More in "New Resources"
- New Book: Literacy Is Liberation: Working Toward Justice Through Culturally Relevant Teaching
- New Report: 2022 State of Nonprofit Digital Engagement
- New Article: After the pandemic disrupted their high school educations, students are arriving at college unprepared
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.