Closing the Hunger Gap: Cultivating Food Justice Conference
Posted by Oregon Food Bank on January 19, 2015
The Closing the Hunger Gap conference is now accepting workshop session proposals!
Visit http://thehungergap.org/rfp/ to learn more about the event and the request for proposals.
For details, please download the Request for Proposals
Proposal Deadline: April 1, 2015
The Closing the Hunger Gap: Cultivating Food Justice Conference will be held September 13 – 16, 2015 in Portland, Oregon. Closing the Hunger Gap (CTHG) is a network of food banks, anti-hunger advocates, and food justice activists from across North America working to engage food banks and their constituents in expanding their efforts beyond food handouts, toward community-based empowerment initiatives that effectively network with broader food security work.
At the first CTHG conference in 2013, 300 people from 170 organizations representing 33 states plus Washington, DC gathered together in Tucson, Arizona. For the 2015 conference, we expect to bring together more than 500 attendees representing emergency food providers, farms, and nonprofit organizations focused on health, education, and food justice. The conference will be a vibrant, diverse, and inspiring event where attendees have ample time to learn new skills, discuss innovative programs, and network with their peers.
Help make the conference great, submit a proposal to share your work: http://thehungergap.org/rfp/
We are looking for proposals that:
· Are creative, interactive, and provide opportunities for significant audience participation.
· Focus on “how to” and skill building and that allow time for attendees to think through how they might adapt and implement programs/skills in their own communities.
· Include a diverse group of workshop leaders, such as emerging leaders, youth, project participants, and community members.
· Demonstrate collaboration across sectors.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- PA STEM Coalition Meeting: Environmental Education and Education for Sustainability Panel Discussion – Nov 4
- Collaborating Across the Aisle: Supporting Students As They Transition from High School to College Classroom – Nov 19
- Lunch & Learn on Equity in Our Community – Nov 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.