Closing the Gender Wealth Gap Forum: Equity in Grantmaking – Sep 23
Posted by Women's Way on September 21, 2021
Despite increased efforts to advance equity by the philanthropic sector, statistics still show that there are funding practices that perpetuate harmful inequities. Nonprofits led by and serving marginalized communities remain chronically underfunded, and equitable grantmaking for those populations remains scarce.
Statistics show that only 7% of philanthropic dollars goes towards organizations led by and serving Black, Indigenous, Latinx, and POC communities. Even further, only 3% goes towards organizations serving disabled people. Trans communities, meanwhile, receive only .015% “or a penny for every $100.”
To learn more, join WOMEN’S WAY for a powerful panel discussion about centering equity in grantmaking and drivers of the gender wealth gap. This is an online event on September 23, 2021 from 4-5:30 PM EST.
Shira Hodges: Interim President, Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia
- Elicia Gonzales: Executive Director, Women’s Medical Fund
- Farrah Parkes: Executive Director, Gender Justice Fund
- Jennifer Leith: Executive Director, The Douty Foundation
This event is sponsored by Permit Capital Advisors.
This is a FREE event but donations are appreciated! (Suggested donation: $10)
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Webinar: PA Health Law Project Intellectual Disability/Autism Waivers Training – Jan 28
- Online Event: The 5th Annual Mentoring Conference – Jan 29
- PA Disconnect in Cyber Charter Oversight and Funding – A Children First Report – Jan 27
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.