Civic Learning & Engagement Rubrics for Gen Ed Programs
Posted by HE-SL Listserv on November 20, 2018
AAC&U will be releasing a new publication in January 2019: We Have a Rubric for That: The VALUE Approach to Assessment. More information can be found here: https://www.aacu.org/current-value-research
IUPUI’s learning outcomes, general education core, and the Civic-Minded Graduate Rubric: https://academicaffairs.iupui.edu/Strategic-Initiatives/IUPUI-Plus.html, https://scholarworks.iupui.edu/handle/1805/13367
Volume 3 of the IUPUI Research on Service Learning Series is focused on Student Civic Outcomes, including civic learning: https://www.amazon.com/Research-Student-Outcomes-Service-Learning/dp/1579223435
Chapter 2.3 in Vol 2A of this series is focused on civic learning: https://sty.presswarehouse.com/books/BookDetail.aspx?productID=205812
There are two great collections of information/tools put together by AASCU & AAC&U here: https://www.aacu.org/qc/mapping-assessment-civic-learning
- An inventory of assessment instruments (national, local, proprietary and open source) designed to measure specific civic outcomes, entitled Civic Learning and Engagement Assessment Instruments: Characteristics and Dimensions and
- A research literature review of published studies involving many of the identified instruments and summary findings Civic Learning and Engagement: A Review of the Research Literature on Civic Learning Assessment and Instruments.
You’ll also find two potentially helpful rubrics here: https://civiclearningrubric.wordpress.com/resources/
More in "Faculty Updates"
- Call for Proposals: 3rd Annual Conference on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Education (Online) – Jan 30
- The Higher Ed Spotlight Podcast
- Call for Papers: ABCD Themed Volume of Gateways: International Journal of Community Research and Engagement – Dec 9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.