Civic Innovation Scholars – Nov 15
Campus Compact of New York and Pennsylvania (CCNYPA) is pleased to announce the release of the Civic Innovation Scholars application for the 2022 spring semester. Applications are due November 15, 2021. CCNYPA will award up to 20 Civic Innovation Scholarships, at $500 each, limiting one Civic Innovation Scholar per campus.
CCNYPA is specifically looking for projects that focus on equity in these categories: race, voting, and climate.
The purpose of Civic Innovation Scholars is to encourage and support the civic imagination of the next generation of undergraduate leaders. This scholarship program is open to students who have innovative ideas for addressing local civic problems, either on campus or in the local community. Our goal is to create a diverse cohort of creative student civic leaders from across New York and Pennsylvania who are inspired to strengthen our democracy through civic and community engagement.
The applicant must be:
1) Pell grant eligible or Federal Work Study qualified.
2) A current undergraduate student at a CCNYPA member institution. (To find out if your campus is a member of CCNYPA, visit our website).
3) Identify an on-campus faculty or staff mentor with whom the applicant commits to meeting at least three times over the course of the ‘22 spring semester.
1) Complete all parts of the Civic Innovation Scholars application by November 15, 2021.
2) If awarded, attend one of the virtual Zoom gatherings in January 2022 (dates TBD).
3) Meet with your on-campus faculty or staff mentor three times over the course of the spring semester.
4) Attend one of the virtual Zoom gatherings in May 2022 (dates TBD) to share and reflect on the project.
5) Complete and submit project deliverables to CCNYPA by May 31, 2022.
a) A brief description of the project, including outputs/outcomes.
b) A product or artifact of the project including, but not limited to, artwork, a video, or written narrative. CCNYPA will use the product or artifact to promote the success of the project.
*Scholars will be paid the $500 scholarship in June 2022, upon completion of their project and submission of the deliverables to CCNYPA
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Host Site Applications: PCCE AmeriCorps/VISTA – Dec 8
- Cecil B. Moore Scholarship: Full-Tuition at Temple for North Philadelphia Students
- Virtual Info Session: AmeriCorps as a Pathway for Post-Secondary Success – Sep 27
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.