Civic Engagement as Workforce Development
Posted by California Campus Compact on October 19, 2015
Civic Engagement as Workforce Development – Registration Deadline is October 23, 2015
A recent report by the Georgetown University Center on Education and Workforce (2015) indicates that the US economy is growing again. Higher education has been under increasing pressure to demonstrate its ability to prepare graduates for a workforce within a global and continually changing environment. This webinar will focus on making the case for service-learning and community-based learning outcomes related to workforce development. Presenters will also share programmatic and pedagogical models (such as design-thinking, curricular and co-curricular service) and their experience in helping students connect their service work to the job market.
Webinar to be held October 27, 2015 at 1:00 pm (online). Please note, this webinar occurs from 1-2pm MST. Please translate for your specific time zone. Fee is $25 for Campus Compact Members and $75 for non-members. Hosted by California Campus Compact and Campus Compact of the Mountain West.
- Liz Cox, Director of the RISE Program, Red Rocks Community College
- Mary D’Alleva, Director of the Center for Community Engagement, California State University East Bay
- Elaine Ikeda, Executive Director, California Campus Compact
For more information visit the website at http://www.ccmountainwest.org/webinar-civic-engagement-workforce-development-0.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: AmeriCorps NCCC: A to Z – Aug 16
- New opportunity: Celebrating Public Service on Campus
- RFI: Using City Assets to Advance Digital Equity – Sep 30
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.