City of Philadelphia High School Internship Program
Posted by on April 21, 2014
City government seeks HS students for summer internships
The City of Philadelphia municipal government, through the Philadelphia Youth Network’s WorkReady Summer Internship Program, will be hiring 100 Philadelphia high school students for its 2014 Summer in the City High School Internship Program.
The internship is a 6-week paid, summer opportunity within various municipal departments and offices beginning on Tuesday, July 1st and ending on Friday, August 8th. Participants will have the opportunity to work in numerous fields within city government during the internship, including health, human services, finance, law, and public safety.
In addition to a placement within a city department, students will also participate in weekly professional development seminars (typically on Friday) with the Philadelphia Youth Network as well as a College and Career Fair.
To participate in the internship Program, students must be:
* A Philadelphia resident
* A junior through senior in high school as of September 2014 or a senior that has graduated in June 2014. Current college students will not be considered.
* Able to commit to 20 hours per week for 6 weeks from early July 2014 to mid-August 2014.
Interested candidates must apply online by May 2nd to be considered. To access the online application and find out more information about the program requirements, go here.
Students interested in the “Summer in the City” program must type RCIT into the referral code section of their application to ensure their application is directed to the City of Philadelphia.
For questions and additional information, call 215-686-2138 or email [email protected].
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Online Event: Is college still worth it? – Dec 7
- Virtual CCPH Lunch & Learn Series: Qualitative Research 101 – Jan 10
- New Book and Webinar: Teaching Asian America in Elementary Classrooms – Dec 12 or 14
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.