Chief Program and Strategy Officer, Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
Posted by Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia on August 25, 2014
CHIEF PROGRAM AND STRATEGY OFFICER, Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
Posted on: August 15, 2014
For over 110 years, the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia has been working to ensure that the needs and interests of the local, national and global Jewish community are appropriately addressed through Federation-supported programs and initiatives. The position of Chief Program and Strategy Officer is a critical C-Suite position that provides leadership and direction on all matters related to Philadelphia’s community services programming policy, delivery strategy and funding of Federation initiatives and other Jewish community services agencies. The Chief Program and Strategy Officer supervises the directors of Federation’s three Centers of Excellence, the director of Jewish Community Relations and the manager of Evaluation and Research. The position reports to Federation’s Chief Executive Officer.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CHIEF PROGRAM AND STRATEGY OFFICER WILL INCLUDE:
- With volunteer and professional partners, analyze relevant local, national and global community data/needs and develop effective strategic and funding plans to meet them.
- Develop strong relationships with Jewish community leaders to discuss local, national and global needs/strategies to secure their support of Federation initiatives.
- Staff Federation’s Policy Strategy and Funding (PSF) Committee and work with PSF to set annual and longer-term programming priorities, program goals and objectives and methods for evaluating and measuring results.
- Provide oversight to Manager of Research and Evaluation in evaluating funded programs and in guiding the PSF Committee to utilize data to make funding decisions.
- Provide direction to Center Directors to develop RFPs, contracts and other methodologies to ensure that they are reflective of the Centers’ goals and the Federation’s priorities.
- Make recommendations to the PSF Committee on funding allocations for various Federation initiatives and local and overseas programs.
- Ensure that there are clear measurements and outcomes for strategic priorities that will support marketing and fundraising efforts.
- Monitor actual operating costs against the current period budget.
- Assist the CEO in planning and structuring meeting agendas and preparing action items for the Board of Directors and the Board of Trustees.
- Identify grant-funding opportunities and oversee the application process; obtain funding from available local national and international foundations/entities.
- Work with staff to develop long-term goals for Federation’s new Neighborhood Program and provides oversight of the annual operating plan.
- Work with volunteers and professionals to define the Federation’s agenda of issues, needs and opportunities that can be satisfied through local, state or national government support.
- Represent the Federation to its partner agencies, synagogues and other Philadelphia community organizations, including government and non-Jewish religious representatives.
- Vaccine Equity Project Manager (Consultant/Contractor), AFAHO – Jan 28
- Programs Assistant (Full-Time), AFAHO – Jan 31
- Staff Representative, AFT PA – Jan 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.