Chief Operations Officer, Chester Upland School District
Posted by Chester Upland School District on June 8, 2021
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of functional groups within Operations, which includes facilities, maintenance, custodial services, school safety, transportation, and food services.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of the District’s Facilities Master Plan.
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive Operations management team.
- Monitor Operations performance and provide updates to the Receiver, Superintendent, and Board of Directors, as appropriate.
- Analyze operational performance and assist operational units with implementing corrective actions to meet operational unit objectives.
- Oversee the development and implementation of operational systems that will help the District grow and deliver its services more efficiently.
- Work cohesively with other members of the Executive Cabinet to serve the interests of the District.
- Act as liaison with the Board, other divisions of the District, and other agencies and organizations on matters related to facilities, construction management, transportation, food service, safety and maintenance.
- Determine best use/configuration of existing school buildings throughout the District.
- Develop and recommend staffing levels, operational procedures, and fiscal prudence around the cleaning of the school facilities and the heating and lighting of those facilities.
- Remain knowledgeable of emerging developments in administrative functions and school construction management through participation in workshops, conferences, seminars, and literature.
- Keep abreast of pertinent legal, regulatory, and administrative developments that impact the school district.
- Participate in other activities at the pleasure of the Receiver, Superintendent, and/or Board of Directors.
- Assistant Teacher (Part-Time), New Foundations Charter School
- CARES Afterschool Assistant Teacher (Part-Time), New Foundations Charter School
- 1 on 1 Personal Care Assistant (Full-Time), New Foundations Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.