Chief of Staff, Benefits Data Trust
Posted by Benefits Data Trust on February 4, 2020
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks a Chief of Staff. The Chief of Staff (CoS) will be a member of BDT’s executive team-leading efforts ensuring the organization successfully navigates an extended period of rapid growth and change and reaches higher levels of influence and impact. This role demands a seasoned professional bringing significant experience across strategic planning, project and process management, team building and coordination, and stakeholder management.
The Chief of Staff reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will manage the Executive Coordinator.
Organizational planning and operational excellence
- Drive the creation and implementation of organization-wide processes and routines addressing issues such as performance management, coordination and alignment, internal communications, and cohesion that are essential to ensuring BDT’s strategy is executed to a very high standard.
- Work with the CEO and executive team to establish annual, quarterly, and monthly strategic priorities and facilitate workflows advancing them.
- Drive efforts improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the CEO, the executive team, and BDT’s wider group of managers.
- Anticipate and serve as an honest broker resolving complex issues and disputes, and prevent bottlenecks in decision making and execution in the CEO’s absence.
- Be both a trouble spotter and troubleshooter.
- Manage CEO preparation for important internal and external meetings and events.
- Staff the directors so that they can manage annual operational goals and the chiefs so that they can manage multi-year strategic goals.
- Lead small board support team including having a deep understanding of board by-laws, processes, and non-profit governance best practices that facilitate the board’s governance and oversight responsibilities.
- Work with the board chair and CEO to set the board calendar and provide support ensuring board member time is used efficiently and both the board and board committees run effectively.
- Ensure timely and high-quality follow-up from board meetings and execution onboard priorities.
- Support the CEO and board chair in board recruitment and oversee new board member orientation.
Special initiatives and projects
- At the direction of the CEO, take the lead on cultivating key relationships and impact opportunities outside the scope of existing efforts.
- Work with colleagues to bolster leadership of existing initiatives and teams.
- Represent the CEO at internal and external meetings and events when necessary.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national nonprofit that helps people live healthier, more independent lives by creating smarter ways to access essential benefits and services. Each year, BDT helps tens of thousands of people receive critical supports using data, technology, targeted outreach, and policy change. Since inception in 2005, BDT has submitted over 800,000 applications, securing over $7 billion in benefits and services. BDT employs more than 170 people and provides enrollment assistance to individuals in six states, and policy assistance to states nationwide. For more information, visit http://bdtrust.org.
Learn more and apply: https://benefits-data-trust.breezy.hr/p/a50a03fb8873
- Education Supervisor, Puentes de Salud
- Clinical Lab Assistant at CHOP, Training & Job Opportunity – Dec 14
- Bilingual Collective Impact Coordinator, Ceiba
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.