Chief Financial Officer, West Chester University Foundation
Posted by West Chester University Foundation on October 15, 2019
West Chester University Foundation and University Student Housing, LLC (Foundation) is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who will lead the Finance function as a proactive and strategic business partner. The CFO is responsible for ensuring the overall fiscal integrity and sound financial reporting of both organizations. The CFO will get involved on the front end of business initiatives, implement consistent financial practices across the organization, and proactively advise the executive team regarding improving the organization’s performance and creating value to the university, donors, and other constituents. Key attributes of the successful candidate include the following:
- CFO experience in a non-profit organization and a clear understanding of gift reporting and analysis expectations. Strong technical accounting skills, with the ability to recognize the critical GAAP accounting and reporting matters most important to the Foundation. Practical experience in non-profit reporting requirements. Familiarity with CASE gift recognition guidelines and fundraising reporting requirements.
- Experience in sales and use tax reporting and requirements.
- Experience in developing and leading annual budget, forecasting and strategic planning processes.
- Ability to understand and manage complex bond financing, debt structure and reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience with cash and working capital management and forecasting.
- Adept at dealing with banks, bond financing and investment managers. Experience in evaluation of investment performance and management of endowment funds.
- Business partner who can provide strategic and tactical financial guidance. Ability to provide concise and coherent explanations of complex topics to non-financial audiences including how historical and future performance is impacted.
- Successful track record of developing business metrics, dashboards and reporting that provide insightful information regarding historical performance and forecasts, and facilitate evaluation of the existing business and new initiatives.
- Adept at assessing resource requirements and financial impacts of new business initiatives, weighing in on which initiatives should have priority, and partnering with the executive team to execute.
- Ability to understand Foundation’s purpose and role in the university community, partner with Foundation and university leadership to develop and refine business strategy, and lead execution of strategy throughout the organization.
- Ability to design and implement effective finance functions, and implement changes to align people, process and technology with Foundation’s strategy.
- Successful experience in reengineering financial processes to eliminate error and improve cycle/reporting times. Solid understanding of how financial processes work, how data should flow between financial and operating systems, and how to use technology to maximize efficiency and control. Ability and willingness to be hands on where necessary.
- Demonstrate a collaborative mindset with the ability to provide financial leadership across the organization; able to implement relevant governance and controls without creating undue bureaucracy.
- Ability to coach and lead finance team in understanding, adopting and demonstrating organizational cultural priorities as defined by leadership.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and ability and includes full benefit package such as paid time off, medical, dental and life insurance, and employer contribution to retirement plan.
For details on available benefits, please refer to the Benefits
Summary on our website http://www.wcufoundation.org/employment. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
Applicants must submit a letter of interest highlighting relevant professional accomplishments, a current resume, three references, and salary requirements.
Please apply by sending requested documents to email@example.com.
West Chester University Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for positions are considered without regard to race, creed, color, country of origin, sex, age, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristics established by law.
- Case Mangers, Cambodian Association of Greater Phila.
- Coordinator, Projects – Access Initiatives, Elevate 215
- Building Youth Civic Power – Fellowship Program
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.