Charles Lafitte Foundation
Posted by Charles Lafitte Foundation on August 21, 2017
Diverse in scope, CLF supports four primary causes: children’s advocacy, education, medical research and initiatives, and the arts. The foundation is flexible in its approach, sometimes giving a one-time grant to initiate a specific project while also making annual contributions. It looks for a solid track record of setting and meeting objectives, and an inventive approach to problem solving. Understanding the tremendous personal satisfaction derived from volunteering and giving back, CLF hosts annual events such as its golf tournament, with all donations plus a match by the foundation benefiting a single charity.
The Charles Lafitte Foundation:
- prefers underwriting specific projects with distinct goals, and targets grants that will have a notable impact and make a material difference.
- looks for creativity, innovation and initiative.
- promotes inclusiveness and diversity, and likes projects that remove barriers to full economic and/or social participation in society.
- engages with its beneficiaries and requires follow-up reports and impact statements.
- reviews financials carefully and prefers organizational overhead costs to account for less than 15% of annual expenses.
- looks to empower organizations to achieve long term stability.
- does not usually support political organizations or religious-based programs.
- believes in a commonsense, business-like approach to addressing humane problems.
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- 2023 Spruce Foundation Grant, Nonprofit Youth-Focused Programs – Mar 27
- 9/11 National Day of Service Feed the Funnel Grant Program – Feb 17
- Education for American Civic Life initiative – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.