Champions in Action award
Posted by Citizens Bank on February 19, 2018
At Citizens Bank, we’re dedicated to helping our communities reach their potential. To address the social challenges our communities face, we created Champions in Action, a unique program designed to reward nonprofit organizations in our communities.
Champions in Action embraces the goals of our community efforts through charitable contributions and the volunteer work of our colleagues. Since 2002, the program has awarded more than $8.9 million in unrestricted funds to 322 Champions. In partnership with key media outlets, we provide tailored local promotion, volunteer support and publicity to help our Champions in Action better serve our communities.
Our Champions in Action are shining examples of dedication and determination within our communities and they look to community members like you, to come forward and lend a hand. This year, we are proud to be celebrating 15 years of Champions in Action.
Become a Champion in Action
If you are a nonprofit organization that focuses on Social Entrepreneurship/Enterprises, you may be eligible to apply for our Champions in Action program
Champions in Action will receive:
- $35,000 in unrestricted funds
- Local media support/coverage through our media partners
- Volunteer support from Citizens Bank
- Promotional support including advertising in Citizens Bank branches and on our website
To be recognized as a Champion in Action, an organization must:
- Be a nonprofit organization based in Eastern or Western Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, New Hampshire or Rhode Island that addresses a specific social concern (see below)
- Provide proof of tax-exempt status under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)3
- Have a total operating budget of $5 million or less
How to Apply
To apply, complete the online application prior to the designated deadline date (see below). A local selection committee comprised of community leaders, Citizens Bank colleagues, and media partner representatives will review each submission and will select a Champion in Action. Applicants will be advised of outcome via email. Previous Champions in Action may reapply after five years have elapsed.
Complete the Champions in Action application now.
Next Champions in Action Topic and Deadline:
July — December 2018 Social Entrepreneurship; deadline March 9, 2018
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Early Childhood Education – Jan 16
- mental health care research – Jan 15
- Evidence for Action: Innovative Research to Advance Racial Equity
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.