Challenge America Grant
Posted by National Endowment for the Arts on February 16, 2015
The Challenge America category offers support primarily to small and mid-sized organizations for projects that extend the reach of the arts to underserved populations — those whose opportunities to experience the arts are limited by geography, ethnicity, economics, or disability. Age alone (e.g., youth, seniors) does not qualify a group as underserved; at least one of the underserved characteristics noted above also must be present. Grants are available for professional arts programming and for projects that emphasize the potential of the arts in community development.
This category encourages and supports the following two objectives:
- Engagement: Engaging the public with diverse and excellent art.
- Livability: The strengthening of communities through the arts.
You will be asked to select the objective that is most relevant to your project. When making selections, you should identify the objective(s) that reflect the results expected to be achieved by your project. If you receive a grant, you also will be asked to provide evidence of those results.
Challenge America grants:
- Extend the reach of the arts to underserved populations.
- Are limited to the specific types of projects outlined below.
- Are for a fixed amount of $10,000 and require a minimum $10,000 match.
April 16, 2015, Application Deadline
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- 2023 AmeriCorps State Program Grants – Sep 7
- AmeriCorps 2023 State and National Grants Competition – Jan 5
- Systems for Action research program – Sep 6
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.