Celebrate 35 Years of Youth Changing the World on Global Youth Service Day 2023 – Apr 28-30
Posted by Youth Service America on March 28, 2023
Celebrating 35 years of youth changing the world, Global Youth Service Day (April 28-30, 2023) is the longest-running annual youth participation event in the world and the only one that asks all youth ages 5-25 to find meaning and purpose by working together for the common good.
The updated Global Youth Service Day 2023 website has tools and resources to help you participate in GYSD in the following ways:
- Lead Awareness, Service, Advocacy, or Philanthropy projects to achieve the SDGs and ask all youth to join you as volunteers. Use this tipsheet and watch this video to choose a Lead ASAP project, and then use the Youth Changing the World Toolkit to plan your project.
- Celebrate & recognize youth who have served this school year & share your story. Recognize youth leaders and volunteers. Share your story with the media, public officials, and community members. Ask adult decision-makers to support more opportunities and to have youth at every decision-making table.
- Commit & plan to increase youth participation to at least 50% by America250. Sign the Declaration of Participation. Set a 50by250 goal for your school, program, organization, or community. Create a plan for the 2023-2024 academic year of how you’ll work towards that goal.
- Participate in a Youth Service Month (April 14 – May 14, 2023) partner event. Includes Great American Cleanup, GLSEN Day of Silence, J-Serve International Day of Jewish Youth Service, Good Deeds Day, Global Volunteer Month, National Volunteer Week, Earth Day, National Student Leadership Week, National Week of Conversation, National Youth Violence Prevention Week, APO’s Spring Youth Service Day, SAE’s True Gentleman Day of Service, Healthy Kids Day, and SkillsUSA National Week of Service, and Month of the Military Child.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Online Event: Improving racial equity through public policy – Jun 8
- Virtual Panel Discussion: Food for Thought: Supplying Food for Summer – Jun 14
- Webinar: AmeriCorps NCCC: A to Z – Jun 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.