CEEP PA Assistant State Director
Posted by Campus Election Engagement Project on February 4, 2020
Campus Election Engagement Project (CEEP) is seeking an Assistant State Director to lead our outreach in Pennsylvania. This person will build and maintain partnerships with faculty, staff, administrators, and students at major two-year and four-year colleges and universities in PA.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to foster strong relationships and stay organized while working on long-term projects. They’ll be committed to developing new ideas and promoting CEEP’s 7 Key Ways (https://campuselect.org/build-capacity/7-key-ways/) while working with administrators, faculty, and staff, plus student leaders and allied organizations, to engage the campuses in PA. CEEP is a nonpartisan organization and candidates need to be committed to engaging all students on the campuses, regardless of political affiliation.
This is a remote, contracted position with hourly compensation of $22 per hour. We are looking for candidates located in Pennsylvania, ideally in Central PA near Harrisburg, State College, Hershey, or Altoona. This position is 25+ hours per week beginning in March 2020 through the end of November 2020.
The Assistant State Director will report directly to the Pennsylvania State Director and indirectly for Fellow engagement to the National Fellowship Director and Assistant Fellowship Director. Assistant Director will also engage with the Founder, Executive Director, and other CEEP State Directors nationwide.
We’re a national nonpartisan project that helps colleges and universities motivate America’s 20 million students to register, volunteer, in campaigns, educate themselves, and turn out at the polls. We teach administrators, faculty, staff, and student leaders to use their institutional resources to engage students. For more information please visit our website at www.campuselect.org.
- Share responsibility for engaging colleges and universities throughout Pennsylvania in CEEP’s approaches, building on and expanding relationships established by CEEP PA State Director.
- Conduct Election Engagement Assessments and Reports with schools.
- Recruit, manage and coordinate campus contacts and any stipend-paid student Fellows.
- Learn your state’s voter registration, absentee and early voting rules and train others.
- Research and develop state-specific materials, such as election calendars or vote plans.
- Participate in weekly phone or ZOOM check-ins with PA State Director and CEEP staff.
- Conduct state-level Fellows training and lead biweekly Zoom meetings with Fellows.
- Track and record institutional progress via Airtable, Google Sheets and Salesforce.
- You’ll work primarily by email, phone, and Zoom but will also travel to make site visits.
- Submit timely project reports, as well as campus and Fellow files.
We’re seeking candidates who excel in relationship building, are results-oriented, and have strong project management and self-management skills. You should have:
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- A demonstrated commitment to meeting a high bar and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles.
- Experience managing multiple projects and ability to oversee recruitment, training and reporting results from volunteers, stipend-paid student Fellows, and other partners.
- Experience with Airtable, Google Drive, Salesforce, Slack and Zoom.
- Experience with voter outreach, or in higher education environments is a plus but not essential.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to CEEP Communications Director Daniel Schultz at email@example.com. Graduating college seniors, graduate students, AmeriCorps Alum and entry-level professionals are encouraged to apply. People of color, women, and LGBTQ persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Summer Instructor, Cobbs Creek EE Center
- Deaver Wellness Farm Part-Time Farmer-Educator
- Deaver Wellness Farm Manager/Educator
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.