Case Manager, Prevention and Diversion Services (Part-Time), People’s Emergency Center
Posted by People's Emergency Center (PEC) on June 14, 2022
The Case Manager for Prevention and Diversion Services is responsible for addressing the immediate needs of individuals and families experiencing a housing crisis and who’ve applied for rent assistance to prevent them from becoming homeless. In addition to determining eligibility for support, the case manager is responsible for assessing, triaging, and connecting consumers to other mainstream services including alternative housing options.
The case manager will utilize a strengths-based, trauma-informed approach to engage families in resolving their housing crisis and will provide weekly support/counseling to help them meet their short-term housing needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Crisis Intervention and Stabilization
- Provide resources/referrals as appropriate for other needs, including food, benefits, domestic violence, employment, and credit counseling.
- Refer residents to behavioral health counselors for screening and services as needed.
- Manage case load of 10-15 program participants seeking rent assistance for rental arrears & security deposit for new housing.
- Assist with housing search, including working with Housing Inspector to compile updated listings of rentals for distribution to participants.
- Work with Housing Inspector and Prevention/Diversion Manager to mediate landlord disputes.
- Assist Prevention/Diversion Manager and Housing Inspector to coordinate delivery of rental assistance to landlords.
- Assist Prevention/Diversion Manager with community outreach and educating partners about the scope of services offered.
Implementation & Monitoring
Case managers will meet regularly (remotely) with families to link them to appropriate resources and service providers within the community and monitor utilization. Case managers will also monitor the quality of services families are receiving, offer solutions for eliminating service delivery obstacles, and make recommendations for additional linkages with other service providers as needed.
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- HBCU Summer Fellowship, Defender Association of Philadelphia – Mar 31
- Narrative Change Strategist (Hybrid Position), Elon University
- Director, Children’s Community School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.