Case Manager, Post Housing, People’s Emergency Fund
Posted by People's Emergency Center (PEC) on June 14, 2022
The Case Manager for the Post Housing Program, is responsible for providing intensive case management and supportive services that help families maintain long-term housing and economic stability. The case manager will utilize a strengths based approach to engage families in the development of a service plan tailored to meet their unique needs and will provide weekly coaching/counseling to facilitate goal attainment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Crisis Intervention and Stabilization
- Assist in orienting tenants to new home/surroundings.
- Assist residents in identifying and securing the resources needed to maintain housing and economic stability; ensure timely completion of renewal applications to maintain cash, food, utility, rental assistance, and health insurance for all family members.
- Provide crisis prevention and intervention services as needed to preserve stable housing.
- Refer residents to behavioral health services for screening and services as needed.
- Generate thorough written assessments for each family which includes information gathered from PEC’s intake process, interviews with family members, and all documents received from other service providers.
- Engage family members, including fathers, in a problem-identification, planning and decision making process which results in the development of a comprehensive family service plan.
Implementation, and Monitoring
Using the comprehensive assessment and family service plan as the guide, case managers will meet regularly with families to link them to appropriate resources and service providers within the community and monitor utilization of services. Case managers will also monitor the quality of services families are receiving, offer solutions for eliminating service delivery obstacles, and make recommendations for additional linkages with other service providers as needed.
- TRiO College Access Program Coordinator, Phila. Education Fund
- Nonprofit Strategic Planning Consultant (RFI) – Aug 8
- Managing Director of Program Strategies, Steppingstone Scholars
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.