Case Manager – Emergency Shelter, Women Against Abuse
Posted by Women Against Abuse on May 19, 2014
Case Manager – Emergency Shelter (Full-Time)
Posted on: May 1, 2014
Are you looking for a meaningful career opportunity that will improve the safety of families across Philadelphia? Interested in being part of an established, vision-oriented nonprofit organization that is experiencing an exciting season of growth? Women Against Abuse, Inc., the city’s leading domestic violence service provider, is looking for an experienced human services professional to join its advocacy program as a Case Manager!
Summary of Principle Duties:
Provide trauma informed case management support to Safe Haven residents. Present clients with direct service links to external resources necessary to establish safe and more permanent housing. Provide and coordinate counseling services for a caseload of clients. Assist management with maintaining a welcoming, safe, and supportive community environment. All responsibilities are implemented according to our mission and values and according to Agency standards, including the Sanctuary Model ®.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in social services or related field with some experience in direct service and/or advocacy is required; experience in a residential setting is strongly preferred.
2. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population is required.
3. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member is required.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in both verbal and written communication is required.
5. Some experience in working on domestic violence issues is strongly preferred.
6. Bilingual in Spanish and English is strongly preferred.
7. Prior Case Management experience preferred.
8. Demonstrated skill in crisis intervention, conflict resolution, group facilitation and counseling is strongly preferred.
Schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.