CARES Afterschool Assistant Teacher (Part-Time), New Foundations Charter School
Posted by New Foundations Charter School on September 28, 2021
We are currently seeking CARES Afterschool Assistant Teachers. At New Foundations, CARES is a before and after school program offered to students and families at an affordable cost.
Our Mission: The mission of New Foundations Charter School is to provide students with the academic, social, and emotional foundations and skills necessary to become high-achieving, socially competent stewards of their communities. The teachers and staff of New Foundations Charter School will ensure a commitment to lifelong learning and achievement of all of our students by creating an atmosphere of caring that pervades every aspect of school life and promotes responsibility for all members of our school community.
All staff at New Foundations Charter School are expected to:
- Embrace our mission and embody our vision for New Foundations’ future;
- Model our core values of being student-focused, serving our community and consistently engaging in solutions-oriented and caring conversations;
- Welcome the opportunity to be constantly challenged to grow, learn and improve;
- Demonstrate role model mentality in all interactions and activities;
- Have a track record of success and achievement within an environment of limited resources.
CARES Assistant Teachers at New Foundations Charter School are expected to:
- Possess a working knowledge in reading, writing and math
- Demonstrate effective communication skills;
- Exhibit strong organizational abilities;
- Understand child development;
- Be eager to learn new teaching and learning techniques;
- Preferably possess prior experience working with children.
- Senior Project Manager (One Year Contract), Phila. Youth Network
- Associate, Communications and Outreach, Phila. Youth Network
- Program Associate, Phila. Youth Network
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.