Card Deck- A New Teaching Tool for Faculty for Advancing Student Learning and Reflection
Posted by All Together Now CEL on September 29, 2020
All Together Now: Participatory Techniques for Community Engaged Learning
ABOUT THIS DECK
This is a card deck of educational techniques that can be used by practitioners of community-engaged learning (CEL) to advance student learning and reflection in CEL courses. CEL courses are dynamic by nature and take place in both classroom and community settings where students apply their academic learning to critical community needs. High quality CEL is characterized by continuous and intentionally-scaffolded educational techniques that bridge the classroom and community elements of a CEL course. This card deck will provide users with educational strategies for high impact CEL. The deck is designed as a portable tool for convenient use by facilitators in both classroom and community settings.
- 48 cards featuring participatory educational techniques and accompanying images
- Each card provides instructions for a specific teaching technique tailored to CEL courses
- The reverse side of each card features an image to be used for facilitating reflection
- The cards can also be used for sorting students into groups
Learn more and order the deck: https://alltogethernowcel.weebly.com/#/
More in "New Resources"
- Thinking outside the box: Watson sets a new vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Civic Engagement (Rutgers Camden)
- Higher Education’s Anchor Mission: A Sharpened Imperative & A Framework for Action
- 2022 Kids Count Data Book: National, State-by-State Data Show Depth of Mental Health Pandemic for Youth
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.