Campus Engagement and Support Coordinator, SLSV Coalition
Posted by Students Learn Students Vote Coalition on November 22, 2022
Founded in 2016, the Students Learn Students Vote (SLSV) Coalition is a diverse group of over 400 local, state, national, and student nonpartisan organizations working with nearly 2,000 college and university campuses. We’re the national hub and the largest nonpartisan network in the United States dedicated to increasing student voter participation and civic engagement. Through data-driven approaches and by working with organizations, campuses, and individuals, we design and advance a shared agenda around political learning and college student voting. The Students Learn Students Vote Coalition is a fiscally sponsored project of NEO Philanthropy, a 501(c)(3) organization.
The SLSV Coalition Campus Engagement and Support Coordinator works directly with SLSV partners, whether college campuses or nonprofit organizations, to support their student voter engagement efforts through our various programs and resources. This position will recruit new partners and advance the work of current partners using our existing resources and programs such as Ask Every Student, Campus Takeover, and our various subcommittees. As needed, this position may work with our coalition partners to create new resources, or iterate existing ones, to better support our campus and nonprofit partners. This position reports to the SLSV Coalition Deputy Director.
The Campus Engagement & Support Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Support campus and nonprofit partnership recruitment, retention, and empowerment efforts throughout the SLSV Coalition by coordinating with the SLSV partnerships, communications, and program teams.
- Create, distribute, conduct, and track training sessions for campus and nonprofit partners.
- Provide personalized, one-on-one support, training, and strategic consultation to campus and nonprofit partners.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations and logistics of the different SLSV Coalition programs including Ask Every Student and Campus Takeover.
- Coordinate the creation, centralization, distribution, and tracking of SLSV Coalition resources through the Resource Library in partnership with campus and nonprofit partners.
- Facilitate ideation sessions for the Coalition, ensuring that partner/stakeholder perspectives are being centered in resource and strategy development.
- Support SLSV Coalition Subcommittee co-chairs in goals related to resource development and training.
- Design and upkeep Ask Every Student’s website on Squarespace.
- Provide graphic design support as related to resources or information visualization, as capacity allows.
- As needed, support the coordination of research opportunities through the Student Vote Research Network.
The SLSV team is dispersed across the county and works remotely. This position is fully remote but may require travel 2-4 times a year.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Early applications are encouraged.
- Center Director, Childspace Centers
- Transportation Planning Intern, Streets Department
- Webinar: AmeriCorps NCCC: Preparing to be a Team Leader – Nov 30
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.