Campaign Specialist (Seasonal Fundraiser), United Way
About United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ):
UWGPSNJ’s mission is to end intergenerational poverty in our region by harnessing, leveraging and strategically investing the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to help individuals and families break the cycle of poverty.
The Campaign Specialist (Seasonal Fundraiser) is a full-time, temporary role (seasonal position) within United Way’s Loaned Executive program. The Campaign Specialists (Seasonal Fundraisers) play an important part in United Way’s Annual Fundraising campaign helping to raise millions of dollars for the community each year. In this role, you will serve as the primary point of contact within an assigned group of new and existing workplace accounts and be responsible for assisting in the design and implementation of fundraising plans by providing campaign consulting, customer service and volunteer management. You will develop valuable skills such as: public speaking, meeting facilitation, database management and project planning. Additionally, you will increase your knowledge of United Way’s critical role in the community and have the opportunity to connect with a variety of corporate and non profit partners throughout our region.
The position starts August 27, 2018 and ends December 14, 2018. Specialists will be compensated at a rate of $20 per hour plus reimbursement for travel as per UWGPSNJ policies. Positions are available in Philadelphia, Bryn Mawr, and Atlantic City.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBLITIES
• Research account history and analyze previous campaign activity;
• Meet with key campaign contacts in each account to set campaign strategy, establish campaign objectives, develop plans to gain corporate leadership support;
• Develop good working relationships and maintain frequent contact with account leads to monitor his/her comfort level and campaign progress;
• Familiarize yourself with UWGPSNJ’s Engagement Team’s objectives and how to use volunteerism as a campaign strategy
• Maintain account records on assigned accounts;
• Deliver United Way presentations at Workplace Campaign gatherings and Volunteer Project kick offs;
• Secure and process campaign results: ensure accurate and timely transfer of donor information from the company to UWGPSNJ Finance department;
• Ensure appropriate recognition for the successful workplace campaigns:
• Assist other Campaign Specialists on account coverage as needed;
• Identify potential new workplace campaign accounts to New Business Director.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience preferred
• Two or more years experience with fundraising, volunteer management, non profit or related field
• The ideal candidate is a motivated, highly organized, self-starter who is comfortable working closely and collaboratively with colleagues at all levels of the organization
• Excellent computer and phone skills are required , including familiarity with Microsoft Office and relational databases
• Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter including to email@example.com and note: Campaign Specialist in the subject line.
UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
- Senior Project Manager (One Year Contract), Phila. Youth Network
- Associate, Communications and Outreach, Phila. Youth Network
- Program Associate, Phila. Youth Network
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.