camp volunteers needed, I Can Shine
Posted by I Can Shine on June 16, 2014
How To Volunteer
Where: St. Joseph’s University- Hagan Arena
2450 N. 54th St., Philadelphia, PA 19131
When: August 18-22, 2014
Description of Organization: iCan Shine is a non-profit organization that teaches individuals with disabilities to ride a conventional two-wheel bicycle through the iCan Bike program.
Your Role as a Spotter: Walk/jog/run alongside a rider as they are learning to ride a bike during a 75-minute session (with short breaks) for 5 days Monday through Friday. You will provide encouragement and physical support, as needed.
If you have any questions regarding the form below, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Thank you for devoting your time to this great cause!
1. Fill out a volunteer form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yBmk-2UMX5xTTxD5DQQcYOyDswgx0F9wlxTQCDhYU44/viewform
2. You will receive a confirmation email within a week with your confirmed session number(s)
3. There will be a mandatory volunteer orientation/training on Sunday, August 17th, 2014 at St. Joseph’s. You will be notified with updates to the time of the orientation through the email you provide in the form above.
4. We will have copies of the “Volunteer Release Form” (posted below) at the check in of the orientation for you to sign. If you are under 18, please have a parent/guardian accompany you to the check-in so that they can sign the form for you. If your parent/guardian cannot make it to the orientation, please bring in a signed copy of the form to the orientation.
Volunteer Release Form: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D7NYqXGnmiQ_W1XSRQwggGYFH85zb4836R9fkHzEGd0/edit
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Write Away Digital Literacy Mentorship Program: Mentors Needed – Jan 31
- Accepting Applications: Swipe Out Hunger’s Inaugural Leadership Council
- Volunteer Assistant Coach, Phila. Youth Football Academy
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.